Saturday, September 6, 2008

Abandonment

A friend of mine talked earlier today about difficulty she had when her boyfriend was out of town. She realized that she was having issues with abandonment, and is dealing with it in therapy.
Abandonment doesn't get any more permanent than to be left behind in this situation. I suppose it helps to know that Mark never chose to abandon me...but the net result is the same.

I've also been learning that certain friends are really there for what you can do for them. It's really hard because I put so much value into my friendships. But ultimately, if you're going to be a survivor, you're going to be abandoned time and time again. Mark was ALWAYS there for me. I hope I was always there for him...he didn't always make it clear when he needed me. I do know this much, nobody on this planet was more important than him, and he knew that in his heart. I chose him, and I never looked back.

Stay with the one you love - they're irreplaceable.
Natalia

No comments: